Guerrilla Bob, a dual-stick shooter for the iPhone, has been significantly updated with more weapons, a survival mode, and more little nifty features. While it did have some problems when we reviewed it, it’s good to see the developers taking the time to improve upon their mistakes.
While I haven’t gotten the chance to play the update yet, the update details alone are enough to believe the game has been significantly improved. If you don’t believe me, here are the update details in full:
- Improved controls
- New auto aiming control settings, which makes targeting all the enemies much easier
- New Mercenary game play mode: Collect money from the enemies and use it in the shop to unlock lots of awesome new weapons:
- Timed Bombs
- Molotov Cocktail
- Double Uzis
- Flame Thrower
- Rocket Launcher
- Grenade Launcher
- Sticky Bow
- Chain Gun
- New Survival Mode: “Wave Attack,” which allows you to fight waves of baddies and access the shop during the fight, to purchase new arsenal.
- Various Bug Fixes
- Improved graphics and sound effects
- You can set enemies on fire, and watch them slowly burn!
A free version for the game has also been released, so if you haven’t tried this one yet, now is the chance. Again, I can’t give my full hearty recommendation until after trying out the update, but the free version should make making decisions a bit easier.