Tapulous is the mastermind behind Tap Tap Revenge for the iPhone, a game that was released even before iPhone OS 2.0 was released, and it was one of the most popular games on the iPhone during the first days of the App Store. So it would make sense for Tapulous to jump the gun on Apple’s next platform, the iPad, with its release of Tap Tap Radiation for iPad.
But Tap Tap Radiation isn’t just another Tap Tap enlarged; it’s all about free movement, a freestyle mode, and a sense of openness on the large screen. With the iPad comes a larger area to touch, making for many a lot more possibilities than on the iPhone. Tap Tap Radiation seems to be the first of Tapulous’s entrance into the iPad market, and it definitely looks quite nice.
While I’m not a big fan of the song selection, here’s a list of features:
- 33 awesome free tracks adapted especially for the app, including 12 Wives in Tehran by Serge Devant; I Like That by Richard Vission; Quiet Dog by Mos Def; and Lions by The Features.
- Premium content: Lady Gaga 6-pack featuring Telephone, Poker Face, Love Game, Bad Romance, Alejandro, and Speechless.
- Premium content: Pink 2-pack featuring So What and Get The Party Started
- Premium content: Ultra Records 6-pack featuring Imagination by Jes (Kaskade Remix), Love is Gone by David Guetta (Fred Rister & Joachim Garraud Radio Edit Remix), Satisfaction by Benny Benassi, Sorry by Kaskade (Dirty South Remix), Elements of Life by Tiesto, and Duck, You Sucker by Sharam
- Additional free and premium content will be added to the app on an ongoing basis.
I would assume that Tap Tap Radiation will be updated as time passes by, and like all Tapulous games, new music will be added every week or so. And if you didn’t catch it already, Tap Tap Radiation is free on the App Store.