The iPad is nearing its release; actually, it’s coming out tomorrow. April 3rd is the magical day for the release of the magical device, and Apple has jump started the gun by releasing tons and tons of iPad apps onto the App Store. Notable developers such as Activision and EA Mobile have ported some of their games from the iPhone to the iPad, along with Activision bringing an all new, Geometry Wars: Touch experience onto the iPad.
But what came as a slight surprise for me was Chillingo bringing 14 titles to the iPad.
Here’s a list:
- Ice Age Deluxe: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (20th Century Fox) – Help Scrat, everyone’s favorite saber-toothed squirrel, capture that elusive acorn in this fun, quirky platform game. Free updates featuring new game levels will also be available by the end of the month! $4.99
- Angry Birds HD (Rovio) – The survival of the Angry Birds is at stake. Dish out revenge on the green pigs that stole the birds’ eggs in this award-winning, highly addictive puzzle game. $4.99
- Minigore HD (Mountain Sheep) – Plunge into the tiny shoes of John Gore in this 3D survival shooter where our small hero must protect himself from vicious Furries using his arsenal of deadly weapons. $4.99
- Cash Cow Deluxe (Riverman Media) – Help Buck the Cow and his friends save the farm in this award-winning, coin-counting puzzle game. With its unique challenges, fantastic graphics and catchy soundtrack, Cash Cow makes your loose change add up to loads of fun. $4.99
- Cogs HD (Lazy 8 Studios) – Get in gear with this unique steampunk-style puzzle game where players are challenged to build miraculous, 3D machines from a wide array of moving parts. $4.99
- Radio Flare REDUX HD (studio radiolaris) – Play to the beat in this trendy shooter, as your ship moves and shoots in rhythm. Target enemies and watch them pulsate and explode to the beat of each licensed techno song. $4.99
- Sneezies HD (Retro Dreamer) – Prepare to be overloaded with cuteness as you drop sneezing powder into a field of floating Sneezies and watch as they sneeze themselves out of their bubbles to form a marvelous chain reaction while you try to rescue them. $4.99
- Puzzler World XL (Team 3 Games) – With an extensive array of classic games such as Hangman, Fitword, Link-A-Pix, Sudoku and Crossword – in all-new puzzle formats, Puzzler World XL will challenge players with endless entertainment. $7.99
- BoardBox™ HD (Movile) – Delivers the most graphically rich and realistic looking board game set on iPad. With single and multiplayer game modes of popular games ranging from Chess and Checkers to Reversi and Tic Tac Toe, it will be the only board game you ever need! $3.99
- Quantz HD (Gamerizon) – Watch colorful spheres explode as you remove them from a cube using the lowest number of matches possible in this new variation of a match-three puzzle game! $4.99
- Super Shock Football HD (Steamroller Studios) – Tackle, pass and score touchdowns in this vintage, electric vibrating football game that is simple enough for casual gamers, yet deep enough to satisfy hardcore pigskin fans. $4.99
- GEON HD (Strawdog Studios) – Players compete in this slick, psychedelic puzzle game to collect pellets and deposit them in their opponent’s goal to score while defending their own goal from ruthless attacks. $4.99
- Sword of Fargoal Legends (Fargoal) – This classic retro game immerses players into a series of deep, dark dungeons in search of a legendary sword. The randomly generated dungeons only reveal themselves once a player explores it and dares you to escape as soon as the sword is found. $7.99
- Piyo Blocks 2 HD (Big Pixel Studios) – Challenge yourself in this addictive game where you must match as least three of the same color objects in a grid by moving them into an adjacent space. You will never look at blocks the same. $2.99
As the number of iPad apps expand, this is definitely a good place to start when searching for iPad games. While I haven’t had hands-on time with the iPad yet, I’m definitely looking forward to it.