We reported that Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 was coming to the iPhone, but we never knew just when. So the arrival of this skating game just last night was a bit of a surprise to me, and it’s definitely some good news. We haven’t had our hands-on time yet, but from the looks of it, it could become the best skating game on the iPhone.
Now we all know that skating hasn’t been one of the iPhone’s strengths; Skater Nation did an okay job but not the best. Mike V Do or Die absolutely failed due to its poor controls, and Vans SK8 Pool just didn’t have enough to it. With fans such as myself playing Tony Hawk Pro Skater on the PC for hours on end, the iPhone rendition should be a nice surprise for fans.
We’ll try and have a review up soon, but for now, check out the gameplay details and screenshots.
- Ride as Tony Hawk, one of the greatest skateboarding icons of all time.
- Skate as one of 12 other featured pros.
- Master signature pro moves and hundreds of tricks including nose/tailslides, nose/bluntslides, lip tricks, nollies, manuals and more.
- Earn virtual cash to purchase dozens of additional in-game moves and alternate boards.
- Over 13 epic environments to skate.
The price is $9.99. The video doesn’t have sound, but it shows some of the gameplay elements.