I’ve had some significant time with Radio Flare Redux, and I must say this is one impressive shooter. It’s quite different from most all of the shooters out there, and I have been mightily impressed by it. If you’re a music savvy or have an appreciation for quality audio, this may just be one of the best music I’ve ever heard in a video game.
From our previous post:
- Play to the music’s beat as your spacecraft moves and shoots in rhythm. Target enemies and see them pulsate and explode to the tune of each song. Radio Flare REDUX makes music an interactive experience.
- With 33 diverse planet levels based on licensed techno, club and house tracks by internationally renowned DJs. An unprecedented level of audio immersion is guaranteed.
- Club-style visuals and fast-paced fights combine to create a synesthetic cosmic adventure for your ears and fingertips.
- Play with either Drag or Joystick options to pilot your ship as it powers through space, dodging opponents and surrounded by music.
- Gain stars to unlock new planets and take on missions that challenge your knack for rhythm. Unlock a Musical Toy sequencer that lets you arrange sound effects in rhythm and a Visualizer mode that lets you cruise through a level without enemies to enjoy the stimulating graphics and music.
- Explore space with friends and compare your scores and results with Chillingo’s dynamic social gaming network!
- Use the screen capture feature to tweet your gameplay screenshots and brag of your achievements!
Radio Flare Redux also implements Chillingo’s Crystal social platform, and while not my favorite, it should be enough to add some replay value. We should have a review up soon, but for now, check out the gameplay trailer. Radio Flare Redux is currently priced at $2.99.