Gameloft announced today that they have sold over 6 million games on the app store. This is quite an achievement especially when considering the fact that the app store has only been in existence for just over one year! Gameloft has consistently delivered quality, polished games at an affordable price. They are also currently working on implementing an online system for their games (Gameloft Live!). Gameloft provided us with a list of their top selling games in 2009:
· Gangstar: West Coast Hustle (App Store) – A thrilling 3D open-world crime epic that lets players live the life of an L.A. gangster by taking on missions, exploring the city, escaping from police and challenging rival gang members.
· NFL 2010 (US and Canada App Stores)– A 100% authentic NFL experience with real teams, real players and real action that lets players lead their team through an entire season and battle to win The Super Bowl.
· Guitar Rock Tour 2 (App Store) – A rhythm-based game that immerses players into the rock n’ roll world of stardom with the choice to play with guitar or drum instruments Features an explosive licensed track list of songs such as “I Love Rock ‘N Roll”, “Call Me” and “Paranoid.”
· The Oregon Trail (App Store)– The classic re-make of the popular Apple II game that captures the youthful hearts of gamers and allows players to embark on the most exciting journey in American history!
· Assassin’s Creed: Atlair’s Chronicles (App Store) – The prequel to the critically acclaimed console title that captivate players with intense adventures and takes place during the Third Crusade in the Holy Land.
· UNO (App Store) – The world famous card game is faithfully reproduced for iPhone and features exciting new rules. In single or multiplayer mode, playing UNO™ with friends has never been so fun and easy.
· Terminator Salvation (App Store) – A 3D third person shooting game that plunges players into an action packed sci-fi world where you play as Resistance leader, John Connor and take out hordes of enemies to defend the human race.
Please join us in congratulating Gameloft on a job well done thus far! We look forward to many more great titles in the future and are excitedly awaiting Modern Combat: Sandstorm which should be arriving soon.