Somethings that the App Store is sorely lacking in are turn based strategy games. Sure there are a bunch of puzzle games and tower defense games along with a few adventure games here and there. Turn based strategy games are also said to work perfect with the iPhone interface, yet the lack of their presence is quite peculiar. I am elated to tell you now that Battle for Wesnoth is coming to iPhone.
Battle for Wesnoth was originally a free strategy game that is still available for download for the Windows and Mac computers. It’s a turn-based tactical RPG game where you can level up the stats of your troops, etc. Graphics that are offered look quite beautiful and well done, and the features aren’t lacking either.
- 200 unit types in six major factions, all with distinctive abilities, weapons and spells
- Experienced units gain powerful new abilities as they advance.
- Bring your battle-hardened troops with you as you fight through campaigns
- Hundreds of campaign scenarios available, easily download user-made content
- Day/night cycles, fog of war, racial traits
- Cross-platform multiplayer
The game is said to be almost finished, and I would not be surprised if the game was submitted within a week.