Topple 2 is now officially available in the App Store. This balancing, Tetris-style block game is made by the fine folks at ngmoco. The original was a big success, although a bit short on replayability. Topple 2 promises to expand on that gameplay, but for a price. This time it has launched for a limited time price of $2.99. Here’s the official word:
At last, the hit game Topple that has attracted over 3 million downloads now has a content packed sequel with four new game modes and the ability to play with friends! Immerse yourself in 30 levels in over 6 Topple worlds that allow you to balance and stack fun and playful Topple blocks using multi-touch and accelerometer controls.
For the first time, face your friends to a “stack attack,” racing one another in real-time. No friends near you? Send your “ghost” play-through so your friends can accept your challenge at their convenience!
Enjoy the classic Topple experience, but master the new modes as well. Upside-down mode inverts gravity for a topsy-turvy play experience. Balance mode lets you weigh two towers against each other. Power Tower mode challenges you to build a power line using conductive blocks. Rescue mode uses your tower building skills to save the precious golden egg.
• Play new game mechanics including Upside-down, Balancer, Power Tower and Rescue!
• Challenge friends in versus mode using Wi-Fi or E-mail
• Unlock massive replay ability with free play versions of all the game modes.
• Enjoy the visuals of six new worlds, playful animations and a sweeping musical score
• Drag, rotate and tilt familiar Topple faces in this brand new world!