The Oregon Trail is a classic Apple II game that early computer fans will remember from many years ago. This modern update brings an improved look and touch controls. The Oregon Trail is a side scrolling adventure mixed in with mini games and random events that hit you along your way. Here’s what Gameloft had to say:
– All of the decision-making and problem-solving fun of the original game, plus additional parameters to take the Oregon Trail experience even further than you’ve played before.
– 8 skill-based mini-games, including 2 accelerometer-based challenges: hunting, fishing, river crossing, rafting, wagon repairing, telegraph, berry picking, and gold panning.
– Random events (disease, bandits, hitchhikers, etc.) faced by real pioneers increases the challenge.
– Side-missions add more excitement to your journey, affecting your westward trek.
– Prepare for your departure: Select the members of your party, choose your departure date and purchase supplies.
I never played the original myself, so this looks like the perfect opportunity to give Oregon Trail a spin. I’m sure many fans of the original will be picking it up on nostalgia alone. Let us know in the comments what you think of this remake!